In the Beginning - Phase IThe first new-construction hurdle was to break one of the outside walls, preferably the left side, leaving the storage shed that is attached to the right-hand side of the original first stall of 6 stalls intact. This little venture took several hours, since the glue, which had hardened over probably 15 years, was very secure. I used force to break what I could, along with my faithful dremel tool to release the left supporting wall from the sixth stall. After getting the old wall free with minimal damage, I filed and sanded down the surfaces that seemed rough, compared to the adjacent new stall, which I used as a test fit to get the juncture of the new and old buildings to adhere. Once in place, I then glued the two together by using various adjustable C-clamps purchased from Micro-mark at http://www.micromark.com
As I later learned, it helps to have something stabilizing the top of the building. I used the middle roof pieces, with the skylights removed, to help with the top alignment. This was more of a problem where I joined the old sixth stall with the new seventh stall. It helped to add the front walls with the doors in place for each stall (FIG 4). If you donít do this, itís impossible to lift this creation. Shortly after I had the new eleven stalls in a movable configuration (FIG 11), I decided to connect all of the interior lighting, which included 3 lights in each bay. Do the math; including the additional tool shed, this was 35 lights. The power consumption on one DC transformer will require full power to illuminate all of the lights.